1910

Greater Love Chapel Church of God in Christ had its initial beginning in 1910 when a small group of women begin to gather for prayer at the 300 block of Crawford Street for a prayer meeting. Included in this group of women were Mother Etory Sapp, Mother Lora Willie Sims, Mother Ola V. Cortez, Mother Emma Richardson, Mother Celia Ann Watkins and others. When the weather conditions were not suitable for outside worship the group would meet at one of the homes of one of the founding members. From this prayer meeting a great church was born.