1910

Greater Love Chapel Church of God in Christ had its initial beginning in 1910 when a small group of women begin to gather for prayer at the 300 block of Crawford Street for a prayer meeting. Included in this group of women were Mother Etory Sapp, Mother Lora Willie Sims, Mother Ola V. Cortez, Mother Emma Richardson, Mother Celia Ann Watkins and others. When the weather conditions were not suitable for outside worship the group would meet at one of the homes of one of the founding members. From this prayer meeting a great church was born.

1966 - 1988

In 1966 Bishop F.L. Haynes appointed Elder C. J. Jones from Dallas, Texas as pastor of Love Chapel.  Pastor Jones led this Church into a greater era.  Under his administration membership of the church grew to 250 members and great renovations took place.  In 1973 the Church was remodeled adding a left wing to the church.  The Fellowship Hall, offices and publication facilities were housed in this area.

1921-1933

In 1921 Bishop E. M. Page of Dallas, Texas sent Elder J. Austin Love of Wichita Falls, Texas toLove Chapel to become the pastor.  He found the saints praying from house to house, and many souls were being saved.  Elder Love organized the church so they could begin a fund raising program to buy property and build a church.

1993 - 2000

On July 27, 1993, Bishop J. Neaul Haynes came to Greater Love Chapel with other Church officials of Texas Northeast Jurisdiction to provide the Church help since Pastor Jones had become ill.  He appointed Superintendent R. L. Asberry as Co-Pastor.  Superintendent Asberry came with a reputation of great spiritual leadership, organization and sermonic skills. 

1933 - 1966

Elder Love was succeeded by Elder E. E. Hamilton of San Antonio, Texas.  Elder Hamilton was sent to Love Chapel in 1933.  He served as pastor from 1933 to 1938 at which time he moved to California.  During Elder Hamilton’s tenure some of the members included Elder Lewis Sapp, Elder George Lockhart, Elder and Sis. George Alexander, Elder and Sis Byrd, Elder and Sis Jasper Cortez.  During Elder Hamilton’s administration a parsonage was built on the church’s vacant lot.  The membership of the church begins to grow and souls were greatly blessed in this place.

2000 - Present

Under Pastor Glenn’s leadership the church sanctuary was remodeled, chandeliers were purchased for the sanctuary, the wooden doors in the front and side of the church were replaced with glass doors, a new air conditioning system was installed, four lots were purchased for the new parking lot, and the North Parking Lot was paved.  Also under Pastor Glenn’s leadership  all new office equipment was purchased, and new furnishing and appliances were put in the kitchen and Fellowship Hall and the restrooms of the church were remodeled.