Meet The Pastor

Superintendent Jimmy W. Glenn, Sr is the son of the late Superintendent Emuel Glenn and Mrs. Dixie Glenn. He was born and reared in Fort Worth, Texas. He is married to Sylvia Glenn and they are blessed with three beautiful children; Knoel Glenn, Jimmy W. Glenn, Jr., and Jno Glenn. They have one grandson, Jimmy W. Glenn, III.

In 1977, Superintendent Glenn was called to preach the Gospel. This man of promise possessed and demonstrated great faith as well as courage and proclaimed God’s vision for his ministry and church.

His willingness to surrender to God’s will made and developed him into a phenomenal Christian Leader. Some of these great accomplishments include: Former Jurisdictional Department of Evangelist President, National Financial Secretary of the Evangelism Department. He was the first appointed Episcopal Adjutant in the Church of God in Christ, and served as an Apostolic Adjutant to Bishop C.D. Owens. He also preached in the International Holy Convocation, AIM Convention and many other places across the country. He has many other accomplishment too numerous to list.

Superintendent Glenn currently serves as the Chief Adjutant of the Texas Northeast First Jurisdiction and Trustee Board Member. He is the Vice President of the National Department of Evangelism, National Evangelism Region III Director; a member of B.E.L.A. He has over 20 years of pastoral experience and has diligently toiled in the ministry for over 33 years. An anointed singer and man of God that currently serves as the progressive leader of the Greater Love Chapel Church of God in Christ, in Fort Worth, Texas.

1910

Greater Love Chapel Church of God in Christ had its initial beginning in 1910 when a small group of women begin to gather for prayer at the 300 block of Crawford Street for a prayer meeting. Included in this group of women were Mother Etory Sapp, Mother Lora Willie Sims, Mother Ola V. Cortez, Mother Emma Richardson, Mother Celia Ann Watkins and others. When the weather conditions were not suitable for outside worship the group would meet at one of the homes of one of the founding members. From this prayer meeting a great church was born.

1921-1933

In 1921 Bishop E. M. Page of Dallas, Texas sent Elder J. Austin Love of Wichita Falls, Texas toLove Chapel to become the pastor.  He found the saints praying from house to house, and many souls were being saved.  Elder Love organized the church so they could begin a fund raising program to buy property and build a church.

more info

1933 - 1966

Elder Love was succeeded by Elder E. E. Hamilton of San Antonio, Texas.  Elder Hamilton was sent to Love Chapel in 1933.  He served as pastor from 1933 to 1938 at which time he moved to California.  During Elder Hamilton’s tenure some of the members included Elder Lewis Sapp, Elder George Lockhart, Elder and Sis. George Alexander, Elder and Sis Byrd, Elder and Sis Jasper Cortez.  During Elder Hamilton’s administration a parsonage was built on the church’s vacant lot.  The membership of the church begins to grow and souls were greatly blessed in this place.

more info